1) If you are 18 to 30 years old and hold a valid Swedish passport, since September 2017 you can obtain a Work & Holiday visa at the Argentine Embassy in Sweden.
This visa allows you to travel across Argentina and even work in our country for up to 1 year. During your stay in Argentina, you can also learn Spanish, take courses or volunteer.
Upon arrival in Buenos Aires, you can request a "welcome kit", which includes a SIM card for mobile phones, the SUBE multimodal transport card and the Eco-Bici card, which you need to use the public bicycles in the city.
As a Work & Holiday traveler, you can also get special rates and discounts in up to 22 hostels in Buenos Aires, among other benefits: https://turismojoven.buenosaires.gob.ar/en
2) In order to get a Work & Holiday visa, the following documents are required:
- Valid Swedish passport.
- Visa application form.
- 2 colour photos, 4x4cm.
- Booking for flight to and from Argentina.
- Criminal record translated into Spanish.
- Proof of funds of at least USD 4,000 or its equivalent in SEK, preferably through bank statement covering the transactions throughout the previous 4 months.
- Medical and accident insurance policy for a minimum of USD 30,000 or its equivalent in SEK.
No apostille, legalizations or translations are required.
3) To apply for the Work & Holiday visa, follow the instructions available on the Embassy's website, which you can find here.
Don't miss this chance to live an unforgettable experience in Argentina!